Built in 1954 by a prolific modernist architect E. Stewart Williams, ‘The Edris House‘ became an immediate phenomenon. Today, the property stays true to its original design, offering a journey back in time.
Located in an exclusive neighborhood in Palm Springs, California, the house has been commissioned by Marjorie and William Edris, Williams’s neighbors and friends. In 2000, the property was bought by its current owner, author J.R. Roberts. Soon after that, he started a one-year renovation project in consultation with Williams. As a result, the house is exactly as it was in the 50s, incorporating the architect’s main idea – to serve as a home first. Overlooking the rocky landscape, it also blends into the indigenous surrounding with its organic materials, such as local stone and Douglas fir.